Friday, August 24, 2007

I just remembered that I wanted to share a conversation that I had with Mckenna and Carson today. It all started with Carson being very cuddly and clingy today, I started to think about when he grows up and he is no longer my 'little boy'. It went like this....

Me: So Carson, are you going to get married someday?
Carson: uh-huh, I yam
Me: Are you going to have any kids
Carson: me yam
Me: are you going to get a house of your own
Carson: (as he hugged me) I want to yive here with you.
Me: Are your kids going to live here too?
Carson: uh-huh!
Me: You know, you will have to get your own house when you get married and have kids.
Carson: (making the saddest face ever, about to cry, hugging me more) No...I want to yive with you
Mckenna: (after listening to Carson and I, and being the logical one that she is) I will get my own house Mom. I can buy Rayleans (our neighbor) when she sells it, then I can live next door. Carson (she says) you can buy the other neighbors house, and live on the other side of Mom(but he was not having any of it, now he is even more sad)
Mckenna again: I am going to have 8 boys and 8 girls.

Me: Wow! Thats a lot of kids.
Mckenna: I know (she laughs) it would be crazy (emphasis on crazy)...there would be babies crying all over the place (as she waves her hand around the room) Then she tried to demonstrate how to hold that many crying babies
Me: Laughing and thinking...she deserves 16 babies!!!
Mckenna: Actually I will probably just have 2 boys and 2 girls. I will either have a boy or girl first (ya think, me laughing again)
Moral of the story....It is way to early to even think about my kids leaving 'the nest'! And I still have many years to be the 'favorite girl' in my little boys life! .

9 comments:

Cara said...

cute blog! kids grow up way to fast as it is. My kids want to live with me when they get married too. I think Nathan still wants to live with my mom when he gets married and he's 18! After all who would make him his turtle pancakes every morning?:)

Kylie said...

YEA!!! I have been checking your blog everyday waiting for a post!! It is so cute! I love your header!!! I totally agree about the journaling/scrapbooking thing...now I don't feel nearly as guilty! It will be fun to keep a record of all the fun and crazy things that happen in our lives!

Laura and Jimmy said...

I'm excited about being able to put my blog in a book, too!

That story is too funny! I've had the "marriage" talks with my Carson too. It's always funny to hear what their take on it is. :o)

D-dawg said...

I love when little girls want to be moms... I think it is so sweet. And we need more girls like that. Your blog is cute. Thanks for the comments on mine!

ghostgals said...

You have been very busy...This is really a cute blog

Kyle and Sarah said...

Too cute! My Kyle and I were just talking about when we all used to play street hockey together. Crazy how time has just flown by.

Missy said...

HI! Thanks for your comments on my blog, you are too nice. Don't you just love conversations with your kids like that? When they happen I always think to myself...I will have to remember this. So blogs are good for that kind of stuff! Love the Simpson's picture, so funny. I am excited to read your blog, keep updating please!

Jennie said...

I'm so glad that you found my blog! Your kids are cute! I've only seen your oldest before. Boy, you are one busy gal! Miss you!

Kylie said...

I love your new blog header...did you do that!? You'll have to teach me how!!