Thursday, August 30, 2007

July San Diego trip!

Ok, so I know we went on our trip in July, but I didn't have a blog back then, and I want to post about our trip....so here goes!!!

We went to Campland at the Bay in San Diego for 6 wonderful days! The weather was perfect and the campground was great. I would pick this type of vacation (with kids) over staying in a hotel anyday! Of course my first choice is a Beach House, but that is not always in the budget.
Here is a view of our camp site from what we called, the Skate Park because even thought it said "no skateboarding" all over the place, that is where every teenage boy skateboarded! Mckenna, Ashlyn, Bailey and Carson thought it was their duty to tell ( I mean YELL at) the skateboarders that they were not suppose skateboard there.
It was very convenient being next to the fire pit/amphitheater/skate park, because the kids would ride their bikes around the circle and play there for hours!

As soon as we were done setting up camp, we walked to the Bay. Halle wanted to walk straight into the water, she had absolutely no fear. We learned very quickly that we could not her little hand go!


crazy hair day!

Notice the skateboards in the background and the 'No Skateboarding" painted on the cement? Carson tried to hang out with these big boys, since all he had was girls to play with on the trip.

Day at the beach!
cute, sandy feet~these belong to (left to right) Ashlyn, Mckenna,& Bailey. Notice how Mckenna's feet have the least amount of sand on them? I bet you are thinking that is because she is such a good kid and tries really hard to stay clean.
Nope, she had just walked straight across all our blankets and towels, while the other 2 went around! That's my Mckenna *sigh* :)

Day 2 at the beach!
My cute DH and Halle.
Halle started out sitting up, and slowly inched her way onto her tummy, where she laid and buried her arms in the sand, and of course tried to eat the shells! She really loves to become one with the sand!


Waiting for our breakfast outside of Kono's! My Aunt and Uncle introduced us to this yummy little restaurant! They have the best potato/hash brown things!
Mckenna has developed a fear of heights! The cracks on the boardwalk and the steps down to the beach, were very scary to her. She crawled like this, very slowly, all the way across the landing to the steps and all the way down to the sand. When we went out on the pier she was literally shaking with fear! I feel so bad for her...I admit.... I did laugh more than I should have! I had a huge fear of heights when I was younger, and I am still afraid of the Ferris Wheel, although I will tackle any Roller Coaster!


We also had breakfast with Shamu and spent the day at Sea World. I will do a Sea World post tomorrow!

6 comments:

Kylie said...

Ok, we totally went to Campland this year too...well kind of. We have had 3 family reunions there is the past (it roatates between AZ, CA and UT), but the last 3 times it has been in California that's where it's been. Last time we stayed there, but this time with Mia only being 3 months old I was a wimp and we opted for a hotel. Though all the activities and food and everything was held at campland so we would go hangout their everyday! You'll have to look at my post in July--we were there like the 23-26 I think. By the way your kids are so cute! I can't believe how big Halle is already getting...I haven't seen them forever!!!

ghostgals said...

I love the pics
especially Carsons hair.
You know WE should go there for a family reunion.;)

DanielandJodi said...

Skye... I am SO GLAD that you are blogging! Cute blog, I love the pics of the kids! Isn't it funny how you are not in the pictures, I never am either. I am always behind the camera making sure I capture every moment!! Anyway, I have to know how you turn your blog into a book! I would love to do that!

Christie said...

Looks like a fun trip! I totally dig the hair!

Missy said...

I really should not have looked at this...we were supposed to go there for Labor Day...dang it. Looks like you had an awesome trip. I LIVE for the beach, now so do my kids.

Laura and Jimmy said...

I love San Diego!! And my Carson goes bizerk if he even hears the name. We've never tried campland before, maybe next year. :) Glad you guys had so much fun!!