Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Baby Daze!

I only have time and energy for a quick update. We are doing alright. We had Claire on Wednesday May 14th at 8:54 pm. It was a long day, but everything went well. Claire has her days and nights mixed up and likes to sleep all day, and play (or cry) from about midnight to about 5am. We are so tired! Thankfully our ward is helping a ton with meals and other stuff. And my sister called today and said she wants to come stay the night and let us get some sleep--THANK YOU MEGHAN!!

The kids are loving to help with and hold Claire, she is spoiled already.

Mckenna is the best big sister, and has been with each baby. I couldn't ask for a better big sister than she is to each of her siblings. She takes great care of each of them, they are lucky to have her!!!

Carson called her "Claire Bear" the other day and that seems to be her nick name now. He always talks about how cute she is and likes to lay on the couch and cuddle with her. He is so gentle and natural with her.

Halle is pretty much obsessed with her and wants to hold "it" all the time. She is very possessive of her and will hang on to her in a death grip if she thinks someone is coming to take Claire away from her. I am glad that she is just in love with her and not mad at her like I had worried about.

I am very lucky that they have all been smitten by her cuteness and just want too love on her. I love watching each of them with her, she is a blessed little baby.

It is sad to think she will be my last one, I am trying to just enjoy the newborn stage as much as I can because even though it is hard and exhausting, I won't have this again. I will miss the little baby squeaks, smells, cuddling etc. I am always sad when they stop curling up their legs and sticking out their bum when you hold them and so many other things. So, for now I will just enjoy each moment and cherish each moment!

I tried to upload some pictures, but I keep geting an error. Until I can get that figured out, you can go to this site and see some pictures! http://www.reefworkshop.com/claire/claire.html

8 comments:

Marie said...

I'm so happy that everything went well! I'm dropping off dinner tomorrow and hope to say hi the the baby.

Jeanette said...

She's adorable! Is she gonna have dark hair like her mommy though? My favorite is the one of your older kids looking in the bassinet. Claire Bear sounds much better than stupid head! haha Thanks for sharing!

Bushman's said...

Skye,
She is beautiful. I'm so happy that everything went good. She's so little. I'm not sure I'd know what to do with a 6 pound baby. Please let me bring dinner to you when the ward slows down. Call me if you need anything!!!

Jennie said...

I am so happy that you're blogging again! I'm sorry you're so sleep deprived!

That's wonderful that the kids, esepecially Halle, all LOVE Claire. What a cute nickname too! If I lived closer I would watch the kids for you so you could nap!

Jennifer said...

Hi Skye! It's your slacker friend who said she was going to come and visit you and then didn't! (grr...sorry about that)
I am so glad that Claire is here safe and sound and that everyone is enjoying having a new baby in the family. Those sleepless nights are killer...but as you said, they don't last forever.
Love ya!

Laura and Jimmy said...

thanks for the update! i'm so happy you are being taken care of by ward and family (what a sweet sister!), and that your children are being so good with the new baby! :o) congratulations again!

Kylie said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful! I need to come over and see her in person! Let me know if I can help with anything!

Missy said...

She is so pretty! Congrats! Sounds like she is well-loved by all her siblings...witnessing those cute moments are the best part of having a new baby. It's hard when you know it's your last baby, but you really do enjoy your moments more. My baby is turning 5 on Saturday, crazy! I hope you get a little more sleep...that part is no fun. Give us more pictures when you are feeling up to it! Babies are alot of work...I didn't realize that until I didn't have one anymore! Best wishes.