Monday, May 12, 2008

Only a few more days!!!

Wow! I can't believe that the time to meet out little girl is almost here! I am scheduled to be induced this Wednesday, May 14th, at 7:30am!!! I am starting to freak out, just a little bit (ok...maybe a whole lot). I still feel like we have so much to do to get the house, carseat, and baby stuff ready. Plus, I have not been sleeping well at all, so I am already exhausted and I know it is just going to get worse. I don't function well on little to no sleep.
BUT we will soon meet our sweet little baby! I am so excited to see her and cuddle with her, and love on her! Only a few more days and our family will be complete. The kids are all so excited for her to come home. Halle is probably not going to be happy. She already knows something is up and has claimed total ownership of every baby thing that we have brought out so far. She tells me "I a baby too". She wants to wear the baby clothes, sleep in her bassinet, sit in the swing, etc. She is already very possessive with me, and doesn't really want me to cuddle with the other kids. I am trying to prepare myself to handle what I am sure is going to come regarding Halle being jealous of the baby. Any one have some good idea's for me?

I will post an update this weekend with pictures of course!

Wish me luck!!!

5 comments:

Kyle and Sarah said...

Good luck Skye!!! We will be keeping you in our prayers this Wednesday! So exciting for you and your family!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

If you want to get some really great baby stuff for your baby or for gifts, go to Poppy's Baby Boutique for amazing stuff!
www.shoppoppycda.com

Jeanette said...

I think Halle will come around eventually. Just make sure that she is included in everything that has to do with the new baby so she feels like she's her baby too! Also, make time for just her so she knows she's still just as important to mommy! Good luck and God bless!

Jennie said...

I'm excited to see pics of your newest babe! Good luck tomorrow!

Brynlee was the same way, she didn't even like babies at all. Our Dr. told me to just keep calling Brynlee "my baby" just like I used to do. And when I would hug her, to remind her how she is my baby and will always be my baby.

After the child realizes that they are still "the baby", then they will willingly give up the title and one day say, "No Mommy, I'm a big girl now!"

I tried this and it worked okay, but I think the hardest part was just that they were 23months apart and Brynlee wouldn't even give me 5 minutes alone to put the baby down in a quiet room. She would scream and cry ,"No! That's my song, don't sing my song!" And she would bang and kick on the door. Inside the room, she would scream and try to climb on me to hold her.

Soo...I was given a suggestion of putting up a separate pack n play for Brynlee (one just for her) and put her in it with toys/snacks during the time I needed 5 minutes to put the baby down. Even if Brynlee was SCREAMING her head off (which she regularly was), I knew that she couldn't hurt herself and she would be fine while I took care of the baby. And then I could go help Brynlee calm down and have some Mommy time. THIS was a huge help.

Sign up for a Mesa Youth Museum Pass. That's something all the kids can do and you can be indoors and bring the baby too. They even have a nursing lounge or bottle set up too.


PS. We need to get together so I can give you those liners if you're still CDing. Love ya!

Laura and Jimmy said...

good luck! did you ever decide on a name?